Sunday, September 4, 2011

The King visits Bradley Beach

The King visits Bradley Beach
 
 
9/3/2011  7PM on a star studded moonlit night @ 75 degrees  Riley Park
Bradley train station in the background without my better half
was I lonesome tonight as I felt my blue suede shoes tapping
to a jailhouse rock, I had no partner but a wooden chair as a
hunk a hung of burning love over swept my suspicious mind
I was caught in a trap, I couldn’t walk out, I love you tender too much
as a 5 piece band shook & swiveled to the swoon of both young & old
reminding us of a legend that will always live on, I just can’t help believing
& I can’t help falling in love as, a piercing sax solo, broke the night air and I thought of the wonder of you and I followed that dream and I wondered what ever happened to that old hound dog, I helped a senior friend up to the front of the stage as she got her photo kiss memory from the king
she proudly placed the yellow scar memento around her neck & sighed as it brought back
graceland memories of an innocent bygone times I looked away at dixeland at a heartfelt tribute to our boys in uniform over sees; there was not a dry eye in the park as the high notes hit the alleluia and you knew His truth was marching on; glory glory it’s now or never, is that the devil in disguise.
It only worked out because he did it his way I’ll never walk alone because you were always on my
mind as we mingle with cappuccino & biscotti on the sidewalk  cafe of Delpontes as the lights dim and the crowd disperses…Now the stage is bare & if you don’t come back to me, they can bring the curtain down thank you very much, the king has left but the music will forever linger on & on.
 
The End

 
James P. Gorman
Without readers a writer's quill dries up & he fades into obscurity
 


























 Till next year Elvis and  Bill Turner and his band Blue Smoke say goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment