Monday, August 15, 2011

GOD, THE ELDER, THE DEACON, AND THE HIPPIE MEETS ME!


GOD, THE ELDER, THE DEACON, AND THE HIPPIE
MEETS ME!

 
It is an early summer morning about 10 am here in my little hamlet of a town, as I walk into this group I realizes my notes must be wrong I was to meet a small group of artist to read for them and to listen to a couple of their works. But the only people here are feeding the poor and home bound was I at the right place, was it the right time, was it the right day, not sure I like at my notes again it said Wednesday 10 am meet at the center. It was 10 am and this was the center, and Wednesday does come after Tuesday, must be that I am early.

I looked around but no one said anything to me not a peep, not a hello, not even a what are you looking for. Then the door opened first a older lady and a older man, and then out of nowhere a group of 10 men and women hurry though the door an into a back room, well this must be them so off I go I find a seat and sit down this very nice lady starts this group and every eye is on a photo on the wall I said to myself that the founder of this group and they are just letting her know they have not forgot her.

There was four nice men sitting at this table and eight young ladies, as time went by each would read a short story and everyone who would like to make a comment on it did. Well as the group started to read this came to me!

GOD, The Elder, The Deacon, and The Hippie, were all here together reading their works.

First God, is full of greatness, a creator, a leader, Older with wisdom and understanding of life, worshiped  and respected, but not full of themselves, not a bragger or a showoff just a plain person who tells stories and creates pictures in your head.    

Then the Elder, I think is the first assistant to God, is spiritually mature and grown up in God. Understands life and can tell the stories to others with feelings and emotions as well as truths. They can make movies out of words so that you see them.

Then came the Deacon at first I was taken back by this story it was a good story but a little sad. That when it hit me this writer must be the deacon you know the one who takes care of dealing with widows, distribution of goods, feeding the poor, taking care of the group, well that must be it I said to myself they must be the deacon of this group.

Then I was taken back by the last writer to go I said what could they be well they look like an average person maybe in there prime, well spoken and a great writer but where does this writer fit in this is not GOD even know they looks a little like him, they could not be the Elder just to young looking, maybe a deacon but no they are to laid back for that job, they are "one who is aware," then like a brick it hit me that this writer is a hippie, they are culturally  diverse  and free to believe what they are seeing and hearing and writing, yes this writer is the hippie of this group.

Now my friends after hearing my story you may guess who is who and I will bet you will be wrong.

See God could be Milton but I think it’s anyone of us and maybe all of us because I think GOD dwells in all of us.

The Elder we all think maybe it George but I think it’s also could be anyone of us, spiritually mature, grown up, understands life yes it’s all of us.

The Deacon well many would have guest Jim yes and everyone here we all care for each other, feed the poor, have a little box for charity, and watch out for the ones not here.

Now the hippie well we all just looked at Gary, Yes some would think long hair he must be the hippie but again it could be anyone of us. Are we not all culturally diverse, free to believe, writers who tell a good story, yes all of us could be any one of the players of life and maybe we are all of them?

“Try to have as diverse group of friends as possible and don't get into the the clique scenario”.
Andrew Shue

Wayne Edward May
Bradley Beach NJ
August 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment