Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dylan, me, Leon & a wild Irish rose by "Jim" James P. Gorman (one of the rovers)

                                                                         Stock Photo Spotlight Magazine
                                           Stock Photo Spotlight Magazine




  Stock Photo Spotlight Magazine
Jim the rover with coffee



Dylan, me, Leon & a wild Irish rose
Sunday 14 Aug convention hall Asbury Park
time is 7 pm myself =(Jim the rover) & Doreen…wandering
among the throngs of over 50 +  some misguided
youth stranded in the rainy day woman
multitudes  entered the hallowed halls to see
a shadow of a symbol of the greatest poet laureate
of my generation the legend Bob Dylan
opening act the Leon Russell band
the silver fox in shades & a white Moses beard from the 60’s
banged on the ivory keyboards to such favorites as
jumping jack flash is a gas gas gas….he & a great back up band
mixed his songs & classics together … roll over Beethoven
& I just saw a face…………..wild horses couldn’t take me away
then the stage went dark…silence flashing lights….huge roar from the crowds
& the man himself on the keyboard whined about honey you look funny
in that Leopards skin pill box hat…… I was all tangled up in blue
chasing the visions of Johanna……………harmonic speaks volumes as
I spent one nite too many in Mississippi,with Ramona when the ballad of a thin man
made me revisit highway 61…how did it feel like a rolling stone
all along that watchtower,located positively on fourth street
where the jugglers & the clowns were doing tricks for me & I am so much
wiser now, I should not let anybody get my kicks for me……
summing  up I was in the presence of a 70 yr old shell in a 100 yr old venue……
bob it is time to take the early out….hang up harmonica & guitar
but continue to write for those that have the pipes & voice
in fact there is an opening in my writers group
we meet on desolation row
The end
A complete unknown
Ps.Yes Dylan was stopped in Long Branch & had no ID
James P. Gorman
Without readers a writer's quill dries up & he fades into obscurity



















No comments:

Post a Comment