Saturday, July 30, 2011

HELP STOP BY THE BRADLEY BEACH BOARDWALK TODAY 7-30-2011 AND VISIT US AT OUR BOOTH AT 4TH AND THE BOARDWALK
                                                             WWW.ROSESFUND.ORG

My friend Felecia Bernstein Said to me just last night this story of her why!
 
I have for many years said that if I ever hit the lottery I would start a fund, so that no one would ever have to choose between medical care and euthanizing their pet only because of finances. The veterinary practice would just call me and I would cover the bill. Well, I decided not to wait until I hit the lottery and I would start the charity anyway.

With the help of so many generous people with amazing talents that have volunteered their services, Rose's Fund is a reality not just a dream.

Why the name "Rose's Fund":

On June 1, 2008 I was driving and saw a car go around something white in the road. I saw as I approached that it was a cat injured and bleeding but alive. The driver who hit her must have seen her as the car that went around did also.

I stopped and drove right to the closest emergency veterinarian practice. On registration they asked her name; I didn’t know, but since the secretary had on pink scrubs I called the cat Rose. They said she had a broken leg but also some head trauma and her prognosis was guarded. They asked what I wanted to do, so I decided to have them give her pain medication and stabilize the leg and give her some time and also look for the owners.

That night I spoke with the veterinarian who said Rose was stable, her breathing was better and the neurological issues seemed to be resolving.

At 1AM I got a call from the vet saying that they were very sorry but Rose had just passed on. I kept thinking that at least she died warm and cared for, not in the street being hit again, or in pain as the driver left her.

I never did find her owner, even though I left my number everywhere, put up her picture and even went door to door in the neighborhood where I found her.

Many asked me why I would spend so much money on a cat that I had found, and the answer has always been that if anything ever happened to my pets, that is how I would hope someone would care for them. And it was the right thing to do.

I decided to call this Rose's Fund, so that this lost cat’s death will serve to help others.

Thank you again.                                                                                                                            
 
 
THIS IS THE PICTURE TAKEN OF ROSE WITH A CELL PHONE AT THE VETERINARIANS - I THEN WENT DOOR TO DOOR WITH IT HOPING TO FIND HER OWNERS.


No comments:

Post a Comment